Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hobby that becomes a part time income - Diaper cake

After the first try of making diaper cakes for my husband's cousin's baby boy (the dog topping diaper cake), I was asked to make one diaper cake for my sister's friend who was having a baby girl. It turned out very well and got an order from her friend's friend. And so, I've been making a diaper cake as my part time income and hobby. Here are some of my creations :
 my first creation. Took me a whole week to tweak and figure out the 'topping' for the cake. :P

this one was made for my sister's friend. 

A very simple cake for my friend's baby boy, Dash.





This piggy' cake was an order from my friend who is staying in Melbourne. She saw my post in facebook and she deciced to order it for her friend who stay here in Singapore. How cool was that. And her friends definitely surprised by it. :) 

 I think my cakes for baby girl are getting more sophisticated with each order I get. Practice makes perfect I guess :)

On the other hand, still need more practice with the cake for baby boy. Like this one for baby Austin. Defintely an improvement from 2 years ago when I just started my first diaper cake. Anyway, I love all my creations. Because no cake is the same. All made with love and patience. 

Hope I can get more orders so I can be a full time stay at home mom and earn my income from this alone. Hahaha. 

pssst... I made all these 3am in the morning, because that's when I am alone and won't be disturbed by my daughters. A very 'lack of sleep' hobby it is. :)

Thanks for reading my long post.



No comments:

Post a Comment